artislife

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Relationships




I'm attracted to both narrative and abstract work, and sometimes I combine them, as I did in this painting on masonite. The important thing is the posture of the two figures, which implies a story (determined by the viewer). I kept the figures monochromatic because I wanted to focus on the form. I didn't want the background to distract from the figures, so I kept it very simple and dark, except for the red sripe, which brings a little color but not too much contrast. I'd appreciate any feedback on responses to the painting. I haven't been able to get a very good photograph, so I'm also showing details of the figures. Thanks for looking.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rayel said...

Hi Liz,

I really like this painting. It says a lot about the silence that can be so present in many relationships to me. I find it interesting, emotional, and beautiful. Thanks for your art!

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home