artislife

Monday, March 10, 2008

Nature Deconstructed








I've been experimenting lately with some mixed media paintings on masonite that suggest nature but are pretty non-specific. I start them with a dress pattern base that gives me straight lines, arrows and sometimes numbers. Then I paint them in soft layered colors that contrast with the rigid structure of the lines. The mood of the painting is determined by the colors. I'm really liking the mix of the man-made lines and the organic nature of the painting. So far, they are fairly small - from 12 x 12 to 17 x 24. I'd welcome any comments on these. Thanks for looking.

3 Comments:

Blogger Deirdra Doan said...

Beautiful work as always. Interesting how you did it. Hope you are doing well. LOL Deirdra

9:56 PM  
Blogger Lesley Riley said...

These are lovely, Liz. Good to see you doing something new and wonderful.

5:17 PM  
Blogger kenglanton said...

Just discovered your website and I really like these a lot!

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home