artislife

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

White on White


It's been a busy summer but my friend Nancy and I are still posing art challenges for each other. This one was white on white. My piece is on a 10 x 12 board. It's a painting with fabric and paper. I call it the muse of music because I found a bit of sheet music that I used on the neck of the lady I painted. The white violins reinforce the imagery and I have written musique in pencil on the side. I stamped the bird and the dragonfly at the end - the bird can represent music but the dragonfly just happened. I suppose it has some musical qualities - it's poetic and lyrical. I like the softness of this piece. The photo doesn't capture its whiteness completely but the pale palette is soothing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jane LaFazio said...

lovely. and soft and yes, lyrical

7:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home